From the latest series of From the Heart with Jenny Morris as seen on Foodnetwork on DSTV 175.
This is the delicios peri-peri prawns with red chillie paste.
- 6 large Tiger Prawns per person (24)
- 2 YELLOW Lemons
- 1 cup Loosely packed cup chopped coriander
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 150g softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons roasted Chilli pasteMethod
- Butterfly the prawns and remove the black vein,rinse under cold water.
- Remove the eyes and trim the feelers.
- Pack the prawns into an oven proof dish.
- Squeeze the lemons over the prawns, scatter the coriander, garlic and ginger.
- Stir together the butter, lemon zest and chillie paste and dot all over the prawns.
- Bake for approximately 12- 15 minutes turning the prawns 10 minutes after they have been in the oven, continue to cook till all the grey colour has disappeared.
Serve immediately straight from the oven with the delicious pan juices while they are succulent and tender.
Serves . 4
Cooking Time. Approximately 15 minutes
Cuisine Type. Portuguese
Recipe Type. Seafood
Roasted Red Chilli Paste
Wonderful with chicken, seafood, red meat and stirred into rice and pasta.
- 300g Red chillies stems removed
- 3 large Red peppers deseeded and quartered
- 12 fat cloves peeled garlic
- ⅔ cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- Tin foilMethod
- Preheat oven to 190 Deg C
- Place the chillies, red peppers and garlic onto an oven tray.
- Stir together the olive oil, paprika, salt and cumin seeds and pour onto the chillies red peppers and garlic, Todd together to coat.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely under the foil.
- Once cool peel the skins off of the red peppers and transfer the chillies, garlic, peppers and all the oil from the roasting pan into the bowl of a food processor and process till smooth.
- Decant paste to a jar, cover the paste with olive oil and seal tightly, store in the fridge.
Use up within two weeks.
Tip: Always use a clean spoon when removing paste from the jar to prevent cross contamination.
Makes approximately 450g
Cooking Time. 20 to 25 minutes
Cuisine Type. Mediterranean
Recipe Type. Condiment
© Jenny Morris® 2019 all rights reserved