Summer is synonymous with cocktails at the poolside and sundowners on the patio. Now that it’s December, it is an ideal time to start experimenting with ingredients to create innovative drinks to sip on this summer.
The bartenders at The Table Bay’s Union Bar are already getting creative with liquor combinations and fresh ingredients to rejuvenate familiar favourites and give guests something new to explore. Guests can try two timeless favourites together with the Wild Weiss Mojito.
“It’s a crisp mix of traditional Mojito ingredients and Krystal Weiss beer, an invigorating and thirst quenching wheat ale with a lower alcohol volume, our Wild Weiss Mojito is the perfect end to a summer’s day. Innovative cocktails and a spectacular setting make summer sundowners inspiring at Cape Town’s Best Address. Venture to our Union Bar, an extraordinary space to meet, eat and just be,” says F&B Manager, Marc Weber at The Table Bay.
Krystal Weiss Beer is a light, invigorating and thirst quenching wheat ale with a lower alcohol volume than a typical Hefeweizen. It is perfectly suited for South African days and nights, pairing exceptionally well with fish, shellfish dishes, cheeses and fruit.
According to Marc Weber, the Wild Weiss Mojito is simple to prepare.
“Try it at home for the next gathering with friends around a prawn or fish braai.”
10 Fresh mint leaves
½ Lime cut into four wedges
2 tbsp White sugar
1 cup Ice cubes
300ml Krystal Weiss beer of your choice
You will also need a shot measurer, a cocktail shaker and a muddler. Alternatively, the handle of a wooden spoon will work perfectly fine.
- Place the fresh mint leaves at the bottom of a cocktail shaker, add the rum, a squeeze of lime juice and the white sugar.
- Muddle the ingredients to release the flavours from the mint and then add the ice.
- Shake for 10 to 15 seconds to blend together and then strain into a tall glass.
- Fill a third of the glass with ice.
- Add your Krystal Weiss beer and then garnish with lime and mint.
* Visit www.suninternational.com/table-bay/ for more information.