Hot on the heels of Table Mountain Cableway being named Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction comes the news that Table Mountain, along with the City of Cape Town and Cape Town International Airport, are up for awards in the 2019 World Travel Awards in Muscat, Oman, on November 28.
Celebrating 90 years of operations in 2019, the Cableway is the proud custodian of Table Mountain, a New 7 Wonder of Nature. Transporting more than a million visitors to the summit annual, the Cableway proudly endorses Table Mountain’s bid to be recognized as a global attraction giant.
Still need some convincing on why Table Mountain should be the World’s Leading Tourist Attraction? Here are 3 top reasons:
- Along with Mount Everest (Nepal), the Matterhorn (Swiss Alps) and Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Table Mountain is one of the most globally recognised mountains.
- At 260-million years of age Table Mountain is six times older than the Himalayas and five times older than the Rocky Mountains
- Table Mountain is the only mountain in the world to have a constellation of stars (“Mensa”) named after it.
Cape Town has been nominated in three World Travel Awards categories and your help is needed to win. Vote for Cape Town International Airport as Africa’s Leading Airport, Table Mountain as Africa’s Leading Attraction and Cape Town as Africa’s Leading Festival and Event Destination.
Voting closes at midnight on Sunday, October 20.
Here’s your step-by-step guide on how to vote:
- Register, create and verify an account to enable you to vote at www.worldtravelawards.com/register.
- Select a region from the “Region” menu – you will find it below or on the sub-menu on the left. Click on the World button.
- The first award will be presented for voting. Nominees are listed alphabetically within the award.
- To vote for a nominee, click on the radio button to the left of the nominee name. Your vote will be logged and the next award will appear.
- If you do not wish to vote for an award, select the “Skip this award” option.
- To vote for a specific award, select the award from the list under “Next awards”.
- Your votes are editable while voting is open. To amend your vote, select the region from the sub-menu on the left and then the award from under “My votes” or “Skipped awards”.
- Share, share, SHARE the voting link via social media with your friends, family and followers.
Help make Cape Town THE winning destination to visit by clinching all three awards, so vote TODAY!
* For more info, visit www.tablemountain.net.