When we talk about men’s fashion, the words “stylish”, “cool” and “bold” come to mind, but these can only be achieved by combining the correct colours and accessories. Always remember that quality matters and this week we searched for the most popular tailored cuts in Cape Town. We found simple, yet elegant styles at CSquared, a haven for any trend seeker.
Let’s get into some fashion tips:
- The Fit – Do not wear clothes that are too large. Clothes should fit snugly and take on the shape of your body. Over-sized shirts, t-shirts or pants will just make you look bigger.
- Collared Shirts – These can also become casual wear. A smart long sleeved shirt with a pair of jeans work perfectly for a casual night out.
- Sweaters – Some sweaters are made to fit, while others are chunky and loose. The most important thing is that the top and bottom must match. A chunky sweater can be worn with a track pants and a fitted sweater can be worn with a clean cut tailored pants.
- Don’t overdress – Think about the occasion or event that you are attending and match your clothing accordingly. Do not overdress by adding too much unnecessary items.
- Accessories – Keep these simple. Add a pocket square, a scarf or a coat pin to add a little elegance to the suit, but remember NOT to wear them all at once.
- Shoes – Invest in a good pair of shoes. They must match your outfit and always look clean and in good condition.
- Unnecessary Purchases – Make sure you buy what you are comfortable with and something that you will wear. Try it on first. If you are not happy DO NOT buy it; even if it is in season. It will just be a waste of money, since not every style suits everyone.
- Brand names – Buy for quality and comfort and not because of the brand name.
- Pants – Invest in a clean cut flat-tailored pair of pants. Pants with pleats make you look bigger around the belly, so rather keep the cut simple.
- Suits – Suits come in a variety of styles and colours. The best investment is a classic two buttoned suit, single-breasted in charcoal, grey or navy-blue. Not every suit will be to your exact measurements, so have a tailor adjust coat sleeves or buttons so that the jacket fits perfectly.
Your style will reflect your personality so it is advised to be careful in your decision making when choosing your clothing. Clothing reflects the person that you are so make sure that your clothing is clean and well fitted.
Whatever you wear, make sure that it is presentable and flattering.