This summer, Table Mountain Cableway has a special treat for all South African residents – its hugely popular half-price Sunset Special will be available to locals only from November 1.
Your valid SA ID gets you 50% off the Cableway ticket, a five-minute ride in a state-of-the-art cable car, and access to the summit of Table Mountain and the opportunity to see the most spectacular sunset views of Cape Town.
Here is what you need to know about the Cableway’s half-price Sunset Special:
- This not-to-be missed half deal is available from November 1 to December 17 and again from January 4 to February 28.
- Take along your SA ID along to the Ticket Office any time of the day to purchase your half-price tickets and use them from 6pm onwards.
- You can also book your half-price Sunset Special tickets online at www.tablemountain.net.
What does the Sunset Special cost?
- Adults pay half price, at R137.50 per ticket.
- Children pay half price at R67.50 per ticket (Children do not need an ID number to qualify for this special).
Make it a family summer experience to remember by bringing along your own tasty picnic or pop into the Table Mountain Café, WiFi Lounge or Terrace Bar for a treat.
Please note: it is not advisable to use the free park-and-ride MyCiTi bus service for the Sunset Special, as the bus service runs until 7pm only.
* Keen to have your Sunset Special photos featured on the Cableway’s social media pages? Upload your photos to Facebook (www.facebook.com/TableMountainCa), Instagram (www.instagram.com/tablemountainca/) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/TableMountainCa) with the hashtag #SunsetSpecial!
The Cableway operates weather permitting. For weather updates, visit www.tablemountain.net; or call 021 424 8181.