Affordable and scenic family fun returns to the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway when its popular 3 for 1 Kidz Season special returns on Monday, May 1.
Beat the boredom blues this chilly season and treat two of the little ones in your life to a free cable card ride on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays from May 1 to September 30.
Here’s what’s new with the Kidz Season special in 2017:
- Two kids under 18 years ride up and down the mountain for free when an adult return ticket is purchased for R255 at the Lower Station Ticket Office, or online from www.tablemountain.net.
- Mini visitors will receive a treasure hunt map, as well as a voucher for something sweet from the Shop at the Top and Table Mountain Café.
- This offer is valid on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays; excluding dates between July 24 and August 6 when the Cableway will be closed for annual maintenance.
- The Kidz Season special is available for kids aged 4 to 17 years old only.
- Families keen to share their Kidz Season special experience with their friends and family on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, can pop by the Cableway’s WiFi Lounge at the Upper Cable Station for free WiFi. Use the hashtag #KidzSeason in your posts and they could be featured on the Cableway’s platforms.
Some things to remember before heading out to visit Table Mountain:
- The Cableway’s operations are weather dependent, so call the weather line at 021 424 8181; or check the website www.tablemountain.net for updates.
- Parking is limited at the Cableway so use the free park and ride My CiTi shuttle service from the Lower Tafelberg Road parking lot to get here.
- It’s usually four degrees colder at the summit of Table Mountain than the rest of the city, so dress warmly.
* For more information about the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway and the Kidz Season special, visit www.tablemountain.net or follow the Cableway on Twitter (www.twitter.com/TableMountainCa) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/TableMountainCa).