Locals and visitors feeling the pinch after the festive season can still enjoy a Table Mountain Cableway experience for less this January, with the return of the half-price Sunset Special.
Get your tickets for less online at www.tablemountain.net and enjoy the spectacular views and incredible photo opportunities at the summit of Table Mountain.
The Sunset Special, which returned this week on January 4 and will run every evening until February 28 at 6pm, is considered by many as one of those must-do experiences in Cape Town.
Here are some insider tips to making the most of this unforgettable adventure:
– Check if the Cableway is operational by visiting www.tablemountain.net or following on Twitter @TableMountainCa and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TableMountainCa).
– For your convenience, buy tickets online. Not only is having tickets in hand more convenient, it also allows you to bypass the Ticket Office queue.
– There is free WiFi at the Lower Cable Station. You can use this to download free Table Mountain Cableway audio tours via the Voicemap app (available from the Apple or Google Play stores). Once downloaded, these tours run offline. They’ll provide you with in-queue entertainment at the bottom and enable you to explore the top of the mountain at your leisure.
– Pack a warm jacket as the temperature at the summit of Table Mountain drops after sunset.
– Pop by the WiFi Lounge for tasty snacks and free WiFi to help you share your Cableway sunset special experience with your friends and family online. Use the hashtags #tablemountain and #sunsetspecial on Twitter and Instagram to be featured on the Cableway’s platforms.
The Sunset Special tickets are R127.50 per ticket for adults and R62.50 per ticket for children.
* The Table Mountain Cableway operates weather permitting.
Call 021 424 8181 for more information.