Cape Town is fast becoming a design hotspot, well known for its coffee and fashion culture. Long Street in the CBD is one place where Fashionistas and coffee lovers go to work, shop or enjoy a cup of their favourite brew. So new kid on the Long Street block, Dunkin’ Donuts, will partner with online fashion retailer Zando.co.za to host a world first coffee and fashion pairing.
The restaurant officially opens to the public today, December 1 and is the fourth Dunkin’ Donuts to open in South Africa since the official launch in October 2016.
Rozanna Kader, marketing and communications executive at Grand Foods, the company that operates Dunkin’ Donuts in South Africa, said that tapping into popular culture is important to the community-focussed brand. “An individual’s coffee choice can be as much an expression of their personal style as their clothing. So the aim is to celebrate two of Cape Town’s favourite pastimes; fashion and coffee and at the same time show off our range of great tasting coffee.”
Six looks were prepared by Zando.co.za at the event, and each style was paired with a Dunkin’ Donuts coffee:
• Bohemian = Dirty Chai – aromatic, spicy, tangle of flavours/textures.
• Classic = Original Blend – always consistent, smooth and good enough to enjoy every day.
• Hipster = Espresso – bold and one-of-a-kind.
• Street style = Hazelnut latte – unique flavour, frothy, distinct.
• Glam = Americano – bold with strong taste.
• Romantic = Caramel Dunkachino – pretty, smooth, soft flavour.
“It really wasn’t difficult to style the various looks. Each blend is so unique and culturally driven, that it lends itself beautifully to the art of fashion” said Zeane Singer, Fashion Editor at Zando.co.za.
Or find Dunkin’ Donuts on:
• Facebook: @dunkindonutssouthafrica
• Twitter: @DunkinSA
• Instagram: dunkindonutssa
Find Zando on:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zando.co.za/
• Twitter: @Zando_co_za
• Instagram: @Zando.co.za