Table Mountain Cableway’s half-price Sunset Special is in full swing this summer with local and international visitors enjoying the views from the summit of Table Mountain, all for less. Spend a warm summer’s evening taking in the Mother City sights from the African wonder of nature with your friends and family and tick this unique experience off your travel bucket list.
Following are some handy tips to help you make the most of this must-do Capetonian experience:
• Get your tickets online: For your convenience, it is suggested that tickets be pre-booked online. There are a limited number of tickets available for each day, so book yours at www.tablemountain.net.
• Check the weather and operational status: The Cableway’s operations are weather dependent, so visit the website or call the weather line at 021 424 8181 for updates.
• Hitch a ride to Table Mountain: Parking is limited so hop on-board the free park and ride My CiTi shuttle from Lower Tafelberg Road to the Lower Station. Please note that this shuttle runs only until 7pm.
• Cover up: It gets chilly when the sun goes down at the summit of Table Mountain so please take along something warm to wear.
• Join the fast moving online ticketholders ‘queue from 6pm each evening and proceed to the state-of-the-arts cable cars for your soaring five minute ride to the top of the mountain.
• Download the free audio guided tour from the VoiceMap app for facts about the Cableway and Table Mountain and take a scenic stroll along the summit.
• Enjoy a meal with a view or get some retail therapy at the top at the proudly local Table Mountain Café and Shop at the Top.
• Get a hot drink and fast internet at the all-new hot spot, the Cableway Wi-Fi Lounge in the Upper Cable Station. Remember to use the free Wi-Fi to post your Cableway photos and tag @TableMountainCa on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using the hashtag #SunsetSpecial.
The Cableway’s Sunset Special runs until December 18 and returns again from January 4, 2017, to February 28.
For more information, please visit www.tablemountain.net.