Durban, get ready for an entertaining and informative, all-encompassing lifestyle and empowerment experience. The inaugural Essence Festival Durban will take place today on the November 8 until the 13 2016 at the Durban ICC and Moses Mabhida Stadium. The festival will feature distinguished authors such as Gcina Mhlophe and Achmat Dangor; international inspirational speakers such Steve Harvey, singer/songwriters Kelly Price, Estelle and distinguished civil rights activist, community leader and television/radio host Rev. Al Sharpton and local visual artists from across the continent.
The experience will include a beauty and lifestyle expo featuring designers from across the continent showcasing and selling their products. The Arts, Craft and Design pavilion will showcase some of the best visual arts South Africa and the African continent has to offer, while all attending will also be treated to the different culinary tastes on offer. The money and technology colloquium, including the Durban Business Fair will act as a catalyst for business development.
Entry to some of the lifestyle and business exhibitions is free and open to the public with the exception to the below mentioned shows:
• Durban Business Fair on November 8 and 9
• Women empowerment Breakfast on November 10
• Music concert including All African Stars Artists from the United States on November 12
• The All Star Gospel concert starring local and international artists takes place on November 13
The two music concerts taking place on 12 and 13 November at the Moses Mabhida Stadium will be headlined by performers such as DJ Black Coffee, Cassper Nyovest, AKA, Big Nuz, Babes Wodumo, DJ Zinhle, Wizkid from Nigeria, Ne-Yo, Yolanda Adams and many more.
The public is invited to attend the following events free of charge:
• Entertainment Workshop(All aspects of Entertainment production and industry on November 10
• Empowerment Stage on November 11 and 12
• Cultural Economic Exhibitions on November 11, 12 and 13
• Gospel Focused Empowerment Stage on November 13
Tickets are available at Computicket ranging from R200 to R450 for the Music Festival taking on November 12 and R200 to R395 the Gospel Concert taking place on November 13.