The Suidoosterfees Talent Search, a competition for amateurs who are considering the arts as a field of study or want to work in the arts industry if the opportunity arises, is currently underway at locations throughout the Cape.
There are four categories in which to contest:
• Singing: Solo/Duet
• Dance: Solo/Group
• Instrumental: Solo (with a track)/Band
All languages are allowed in the above categories. All backtracks/music are to be provided on CD or flashdisk by the participants themselves
There are eight rounds that are offered in different areas, with the top three of each round going through to the Suidoosterfees main festival on April 30 in the Piazza Pleasure Tent in Cape Town.
The remaining rounds are:
• February 27, from 9am to 3pm: Langa – Gugu S’thebe Cultural Culture
• March 5, 9am to 3pm: Delft – Delft/Symphony Way Community Day Center
• March 12, 9am to 3pm: Malmesbury – Malmesbury Town Hall
• March 19, 9am to 3pm: Mitchells Plain – (To be confirmed)
• April 2, 9am to 3pm: Wellington – Breytenbach Centre
• April 16, 9am to 3pm: Brackenfell – Jamrock Theatre
Each district round will include 35 performances of three minutes each. All participants should arrive at the venue at 8.30am. Performances should not exceed three minutes each.
Participants may strictly only enter the competition for one item. No participant may have participated in any form of professional productions.
* The Public can apply to participate by filling in the entry form online or by entering at the respective venues.
Find the link for the entry form, as well as more information at www.facebook.com/Suidoosterfees.
(picture: Mel Jones will be the presenter at the finals on April 30)