Suidoosterfees: Distrik 6, taking place from April 27 to May 2, is set to be a mixed cultural stew with a seamless approach to race, culture, class, belief and language.
The “SOoperahuis” is an annual highlight on the Cape festival calendar, featuring a programme packed with local productions and well known artists. The organizers are celebrating the 13th year of the Suidoosterfees in the spirit of District 6, offering audiences the opportunity to experience the rich diversity of its cultural legacy and landscape.
2016 highlights to look forward to:
• ‘Kanala’ – A Cape Malay Choir musical at the Artscape Opera House on May 1 at 5pm
• ‘La Bohème’ at the kykNET Artscape Teater on April 28 at 8.30pm; April 29 at 8pm; and May 1 at 3.30pm
• ‘Distrik 6 Klassique’ with the KFO (youth orchestra) at the Artscape Opera House on April 28 at 7.30pm
• ‘Hart en See’ (featuring Laurika Rauch en Elvis Blue) at the Artscape Opera House on May 2, at 2pm
• ‘Huistoe’, a musical celebration dedicated to those who used to live in District 6, through the eyes of the young: April 27 at 7pm, and April 30 at 11am
• ‘Dr Moosa Prescribes’ is a comedy tour with young and dynamic upcoming comedians, directed by Riaad Moosa. The line-up will feature KG Mokgadi, Yaaseen Barnes and Schalk Bezuidenhout, rounded out by the Doctor himsel – April 30 at 8.30pm
* Bookings are open at Computicket.
Watch these pages in the coming weeks for more announcements and news.