As Cape Town and the world gears up for World Tourism Day on Sunday, September 27, the Cableway is celebrating its love for locals with a variety of amazing specials, which run for most of the year.
That’s right; for most of the year, you and your loved ones can enjoy discounted cable car tickets, up to 50%, giving you access to Table Mountain, a New7Wonder of Nature, and fantastic views of Cape Town, the Mother City.
Hop on-board the state-of-the-art cable cars, which give you 360 degree vistas of the city with their rotating floors on a five minute ride to the summit of Table Mountain.
Visit the Cableway for less, year-round with these great specials:
• Kidz Season Special: Come and enjoy some quality time with your young family at the top of Table Mountain. With our great Kidz Season special, two kids ride free with every paying adult on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays until October 31.This special includes a free treasure map with delicious sweet treats, perfect for keeping up your children’s energy during their Table Mountain experience.
• Seniors Special: Fridays are seniors’ day at the Cableway. Show our friendly ticket office team members your South African ID document and receive a discount on your ticket. Pensioners also receive a tasty meal discount voucher for pie, chips and salad, a filter coffee or tea and a slice of milk tart to be redeemed at our Table Mountain Café.
• Birthday Special: Keen to celebrate your special day taking in the phenomenal views of Cape Town from the top of our New7Wonder of Nature? Our free birthday ticket for all SA residents is available all week long. Remember to bring along your valid South African ID document to our ticket office to claim your ticket. Please note that this offer is valid to South African citizens 18 years and older.
• Students Special: Weekends were made to be enjoyed and how better than to celebrate it at the Cableway with discounted tickets for international and local students? Bring along your valid student card to our ticket office every Friday and enjoy your down-time at the top of Table Mountain.
• Sunset Special: Summer time means epic sunsets and where better to watch them than from the top of Table Mountain. Get your half-price Cableway ticket from our ticket office or online at www.tablemountain.net and join us for this must-do experience from November 1 to February 29, 2016(excludes 19 December 2015 – 3 January 2016).
Think you know everything there is to know about Table Mountain and the Cableway? Think again!
Did you know?
• Table Mountain is approximately 260 million years old. By comparison, the Andes mountain range is about 250 million years old, the Rockies about 60 million, the Himalayas 40 million and the Alps 32 million years old.
• The cable cars travel at a maximum speed of 10m per second and can hold up to 65 passengers – more than a bus.
• Table Mountain’s cloudy “tablecloth” is the stuff of legends: one tells of the San Mantis god smothering a blaze on the slope with a huge white karos (animal pelt), while another says the cloud comes from a smoking contest between the Devil and a local pirate called Van Hunks.
• There’s a water tank in the base of each cable car, which can be filled with water to serve as ballast in windy conditions.
• Many visiting presidents, a piano, a few dogs, and local and international celebrities have travelled on the Cableway.
* The Cableway operates seven days a week, weather permitting.
For more information, visit www.tablemountain.net; or follow on Twitter and Facebook.