Bok fever is running high at two of Gauteng’s premier entertainment destinations. Fans of the South African national rugby team will be able to get their World Cup fix courtesy of Absa Boktowns, which will be operational at Montecasino and Gold Reef City.
Absa Boktown is a rugby extravaganza for those who enjoy a heartfelt ‘Bok’ environment, a place to share in the gees, support the Bokke and experience that famous South African camaraderie.
There’s never been a better time to make Absa Boktown at Montecasino, your Place to Watch the Big Game than when the Springboks take on the world in the massive clash of rugby.
Bok fever is running high at Gauteng’s premier entertainment destination as the Piazza becomes the Home of Springbok Supporters, turning green and gold for all the games played by the Boks, who carry the hopes of the nation in their battle to reclaim the number one spot on the world rankings.
Gates open at 3pm on Saturday, September 19, for the Bok’s first game against Japan, with renowned local band Mark Beiling setting the mood. Rugby-themed buskers will keep the Bok spirit soaring throughout the game, with Bokkie the mascot gracing Boktown with his presence and giving fans a uniquely Springbok selfie moment.
Absa Boktown is an outing for the whole family, and each of the nine match day games promises to deliver the most exciting rugby. For just R30 per person, fans can watch the game in the best possible place if you can’t make it to England. Tickets include one free local cold drink, water or beer and can be purchased through Computicket, Montecasino Box Office or the Montecasino website.
The Springbok fixture open hours
• Saturday, September 19: SA vs. Japan (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 3pm (Mark Beiling entertainment)
• Saturday, September 26: SA vs. Samoa (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 3pm (Daniel Baron entertainment)
• Saturday, October 3: SA vs. Scotland (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 3pm (Daniel Baron entertainment)
• Saturday, October 17: SA vs. USA (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 3pm (Daniel Baron entertainment)
Gold Reef City
Absa Boktown is on its way to Gold Reef City offering loyal South African rugby supporters in the South of Jozi a piece of the action on the big screen.
The event is set to feature a stellar line up of great games and good times. Rugby fans can look forward to appearances from their favourite rugby legends, live music, fabulous food, loads of cool give-aways and spot prizes for the whole family on offer right through the day.
With a capacity to hold over 600 people, Gold Reef City’s Theme Park Town Square will play host to Absa Boktown throughout the Rugby World Cup. The area includes The Giant Wheel and Kiddies Corner for the duration of every game which means that watching the game with the family in a theme park will provide endless hours of fun for both adults and children in a safe and relaxed environment.
The Springbok fixture open hours
• Saturday, September 19: SA vs. Japan (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 4pm
• Saturday, September 26: SA vs. Samoa (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 4pm
• Saturday, October 3: SA vs. Scotland (5.45pm kick-off) – Doors open from 7pm
• Saturday, October 17: SA vs. USA (5.45pm kick-off – Doors open from 4pm
“We believe this a great opportunity not just for rugby fans but for anyone who wants to experience true South African fellowship and hospitality. We are delighted to host Boktown and look forward to entertaining our local rugby supporters,” says Lionel Chetty, Gold Reef City Promotions and Events Manager.
Tickets cost R30 per person and are available from Computicket.com
Tickets include a complimentary SAB beer or soft drink and R5 of every ticket sold will be donated to the ‘Let’s Play’ Foundation.
* For more information, visit www.goldreefcityco.za.