For the first time since its inception, Spree.co.za is opening its doors for its public sample sale taking place this weekend, November 28 to 30, at the CTICC.
One of the most popular online shops in the country, Spree.co.za is best known for its selection of women’s fashion, menswear, clothes for kids and babies, home décor items and gifts. The popular online shop also offers a free delivery and free 30-day returns to all major cities in the country. The public is invited to come and experience everything this online shop has to offer in person. Tickets to the Sample Sale event cost R50 each and over 30000 designer items will be for sale. All items will be marked down and prices start from R20. Designers and brands include Michelle Ludek, NEXT, Amanda Laird Cherry, Madison, Errol Arendz, Sam Star, Black Cherry, Jeep, Jo Borkett, Pringle, Eco Punk, Phoebo & Ployed, Sticky Fudge and Vera & Lucy, to name only a few.
Everyone loves a sale, but let’s be honest – they can be a tad bit overwhelming. Here are the Spree team’s insider tips on how to shop at the Sample Sale (or any other):
1. Leave your handbag at home. Just bring your wallet. Your hands will be really full.
2. Don’t be intimidated. Tackle section by section and don’t be overwhelmed.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. You may be on your feet for a while.
4. Plan ahead: Make a list of the things you need, and the people you need to shop for.
5. Buy statement pieces: If that pretty sequined dress you’ve been eyeing is now 75% cheaper, buy it.
6. Know the rules: Can the item be returned? Can you pay with your credit card, or is it a cash only sale? (You can shop at the Spree Sample Sale with cash and cards.)
7. Stock up for kids. They always grow into it.
8. Think about next year. Plan ahead for birthdays and even Christmas 2015.
9. If the shoe fits, buy one in every colour.
10. Bring a partner. It makes shopping easier with an extra set of hands.
Seasonal sales are your opportunity to buy basics that will truly transcend the seasons. Always buy items on sale that you can pair with clothes you already have in your wardrobe, but watch out for a great deal – as there will be plenty.