A cult hit across the globe, The Epicene Butcher and Other Stories for Consenting Adults is the most highly rated show ever hosted at the Alexander Bar (by audience members) and it returns for a short week before the team disappear off to another exotic location. See what all the fuss is about from Monday, October 27, to Saturday, November 1.
Audiences can look forward to the deployment of a 12th Century Japanese Buddhist storytelling tradition known as kamishibai to tell seven startling pop stories. The show is a mash-up of manga, sex, gothic horror and mainstream popular culture using hand-drawn illustrations and luscious narration.
‘The Epicene Butcher’ has to date received the following honours:
• A Silver Ovation Award, NAF Grahamstown 2012
• Critics’ Choice & Audience Favourite, Fringe Amsterdam 2012
• Best New Script & Audience Favourite, Musho! Theatre Festival
Jemma Kahn was selected as one of M&G’s Top 200 Young South Africans in 2013 and as one of AfriPOP’s Top 5 Women to Watch in SA Theatre.
* Tickets are R120/R100 prepaid. Shows are at 7pm, however additional performances may be scheduled for 9pm.
* For bookings, visit www.alexanderbar.co.za.
For telephone bookings and more information, call 021 300 1652.
The Alexander Bar & Café is situated on 76 Strand Street (Corner Loop), Cape Town CBD.