The Next 48hOURS – 10 years of celebrating Cape Town
It started with a dream to provide all Capetonians and visitors to the Mother City with a free, accessible and exciting weekly paper detailing the stellar entertainment and lifestyle options continually on offer in this city. In 2004 that dream became a reality and ten years later – after a decade that has been the most turbulent for publications in the history of printed media – the Next 48hOURS is still standing strong and remains one of the biggest ambassadors of Cape Town and what this city and its remarkable people have to offer.
During the last decade, the independently owned publication has never missed a date, and has remained free to all. It is a core philosophy of the organisation – led by Managing Editor Naushad Khan – that information about this city’s natural wonders and attractions shouldn’t be privileged. All Capetonians should have access to, and know about Cape Town’s many treasures – especially the less visible ones that aren’t always showcased in the media.
“It is important for all locals to take ownership and enjoy their city. We strive to give as much information for them to be able to do just that,” says Khan.
Times have changed during the past decade, and one of the ways that life has become different since the paper started is that social media is now an unavoidable part of life. The Next 48hOURS has fully embraced this phenomenon and in the process has fostered one of the closest relationships with its readership of any publication in the city. During the next month, readers and followers will feel that they are a part of the celebrations with competitions galore and one lucky winner walking away with a whopping 48 experiences in Cape Town prize, including luxury hotel stays, dinners, VIP tickets to events, spa treatments, day tours, cultural tours, amazing hidden gems and more. All will be revealed in the coming days so keep a close watch on this page.
The Next 48 hours wants you to show us 10 hidden beautiful spots in Cape Town. View the 10 categories below, choose one and tell us why it’s your favourite. You can email, post on our facebook page or tweet us your entry.
Best breakfast spot
Best spot to just chill
Best coffee spot
Best Gatsby spot
Best dinner spot
Best picnic spot
Best market spot
Best Happy Hour/cocktail spot
Best family spot
Best romantic spot
To enter simply send us a pic and a short description of your favourite spot in one of the above categories via one of the following ways:
Facebook: Like our page and post your entry at www.facebook.com/next48hours
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter and tweet your entry to @48hrsincapetown
1. The competition is open to all except employees of The Next 48hours and their immediate family members.
2. All entries will go through a judging process by a panel of judges who will make the final decision. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. No prize can be exchanged for cash.
4. All prizes must be used withing 90 days starting 8 May 2014.
5. You can enter in all 10 categories but only once. So one entry per category per person
6. An entry can only be made using one of the above entry options. Do not send the same entry via facebook and twitter.
7. The Next 48hOURS reserves the right to use your entries to promote this competition and for future marketing.
8. The competition ends on 7 May and the winner will be announced on the 8 May 2014.