MyCiTi will launch a service to Dunoon that will connect with the existing route to the Table View MyCiTi station and the central city of Cape Town on Saturday, March 1. This extension of the main route (T01) along Blaauwberg Road means that residents of Dunoon can now travel directly to Table View, or continue to the Civic Centre station in the city bowl.
It also provides convenient connections to Blouberg, Parklands, Melkbosstrand, Century City and Montague Gardens via Racecourse Road. Passengers travelling to these areas will need to change buses at the Table View or Wood MyCiTi stations.
The launch of this service includes the opening of five new stations along the route. They are Circle East, Potsdam, Killarney, Dunoon and Usasaza. It also includes a new, safe pedestrian and cycle route in Dunoon.
This travels along Potsdam and Blaauwberg roads to the Table View station, where there is a connecting pedestrian and cycle route to the central city and further up the West Coast.
Construction work is continuing on the new phase of the service to Dunoon, which will travel along Koeberg Road on a more direct route to Montague Gardens and Century City.
“We are delighted to be able to extend the popular MyCiTi service to the Dunoon area,” says Councillor Brett Herron, Mayoral Committee Member: Transport for Cape Town. “This completes another major part of the system on the West Coast. We urge everyone to get a myconnect card so they can enjoy the MyCiTi service.”
More routes and services will activate during the rest of 2014:
• Express services from Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain to the city centre
• Extension of the T03 route from Melkbosstrand to Atlantis and from Omuramba to Century City
• New main route from Atlantis to the city centre, via Melkbosstrand and Table View
• Nine area routes in Atlantis, Mamre and Pella
• Main route from Dunoon to Century City
* For more information such as maps, time tables, and fares, visit www.myciti.org.za or call the Transport Information Center (24/7) on 0800 65 64 63.