This is the time to enjoy lazy, laid back meals with your family. The beautiful summer days and nights are begging to be filled with easy meals that the whole family can enjoy.
The summer season is such a wonderful time for produce, and the produce, be it fresh fruits or vegetables, are abundant and well price and at their very best when in season. I don’t know about you, but I love to incorporate fruit into a savoury dish and the mango is one of those fruits that just love to be in the company of something savoury.
So after last week’s familiarization with this wonderful fruit, let’s continue on our journey with the mango and make the most of the bounty of this season.
Mango, Feta & Sweet Chilli Salad
- 6 large ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 200g feta cheese
- 10 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lemon juice & zest
1. Arrange the mangoes on a platter, crumble the feta cheese over and scatter with spring onions.
2. To make the dressing whisk the sweet chilli sauce with the lemon juice and zest and pour over the salad. Serve immediately.
Mango & Parma Ham with Mango Vinaigrette
- 100g Parma ham
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- • 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- • ½ cup lemon juice
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes, crushed (optional)
1. Wrap pieces of Parma ham around the mango slices, and arrange on a platter or individual plates.
2. To make the vinaigrette, whizz all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
3. Serve mango and Parma ham drizzled with vinaigrette and garnish with fresh herbs.