Cavendish Square is again shopping centre of choice for this year’s J&B Met and will host some exciting events at the centre and on race day.
Cavendish Square has invited 10 top local media personalities and bloggers to participate in The Made To Fly Fashion Challenge to create their ultimate J&B Met ‘Made to Fly’ ensemble, using fashion from 10 of Cavendish Square’s fashion retailers.
Participants and the retailers that they are paired with are as follows:
• Jen Su (5fm’s Hollywood report) paired with Attitude
• Natalie Becker (Internationally acclaimed actress) paired with Nicci Boutique
• Tanja Nefdt (E News Channel Africa) paired with Chica Loca
• Ayanda Tini (Good Hope FM) paired with Monsoon
• Denzil Jacobs (Celebrity/luxury photographer and blogger, www.denziljacobs.com) paired with Stuttafords
• Leigh Anne Williams (Expresso Show & Good Hope FM) paired with Long Street
• Jasna Zellerhof (www.fashionjazz.co.za) paired with Mari & Me
• Carl Wastie (Good Hope FM) paired with Diesel
• Charl Reineke (Cape Times) paired with Michiko London
• Tracey Lange (Good Hope FM / Bravo) paired with Forever New
For a chance to win VIP Tickets to the J&B Met, plus an overnight stay at Aquila Game Reserve (inclusive of three meals, two game drives and accommodation in a four star premier cottage), the public are encouraged to vote for their favourite outfit. Voting can take place one of two ways:
• By entering on www.cavendish.co.za, (from afternoon of 24 Jan until 30 Jan) or…
• By Tweeting the name of the celebrity you are voting for, plus the name of the Cavendish retailer that their outfit is from, and the hashtag for the event, #CavendishMet
The competition opens during the afternoon of January 25 and will close on January 31 at 10am.
The ensembles put together will be showcased on January 23 at the Gourmet Gallop; the official launch party of the J&B Met. The Gourmet Gallop will take place at three of Cavendish Square’s restaurants, starting at Col’Cacchio Pizzeria, moving on to Ocean Basket and ending off at Tribakery.
Visitors to Cavendish Square this weekend from January 25 to 27 can look forward to the Made To Fly Summer Sale.
Cavendish fashiontainment will take place the Main Stage at the J&B Met on February 2 at 2.30pm and 4pm and celeb fashions will be showcased on the Oasis Stage at 5.30pm.