The exotic sights, sounds, flavours and spirit of Thailand will be celebrated on South African shores at the Loy Krathong Thai Festival & Culture II in Randburg on Saturday November 24.
The Promotions Court at Brightwater Commons will be transformed into ‘little Thailand’ with exquisite and authentic decor filling every corner and showcasing the multiple exhibition and food stalls. Even the kids will be able to enjoy traditional Thai cuisine with dishes being prepared to suit sensitive palettes.
The festival will cater to the whole family, with entertaining clowns, face painting for children and a kiddie’s mosaic workshop.
Program for this event:
• 12pm to 7pm – Exhibitions and Stalls open
• 1pm to 2pm – Parade and Opening of the festival
• 2pm to 4pm – Thai Variety Show
• 4pm to 6pm – Miss Loy Krathong Beauty Contest
• 6pm to 7pm – Krathongs to be released. Lucky draws take place.
• 7pm to 9pm – Closing Ceremony and Celebrations