Cape Town’s longest-running and biggest regular showcase of lifestyle, health, wellness and eco-oriented exhibitors, the Life.Style & Eco Fair, will be happening again on Sunday October 7 (and again thereafter on November 4 and December 2) at the Gardens Commercial High School – Paddock Avenue, off Hatfield Street in the City Bowl, Cape Town.
Visitors can look forward to a variety of free events at the Fair, including the following:
• 10.30am to 11.45am: Free film –acclaimed ‘local is lekker’ documentary ‘The Economics of Happiness’ (67 minutes)
• 11am to 12pm: The Cape Town branch of the International Tai Chi Society will present a free tai chi and qigong display in the Company’s Garden – everyone is welcome to participate.
• 12pm to 1pm: A free talk by speaker, coach, workshop facilitator and writer Linda Smith-Harvey, founder of Financial Abundance Coaching and creator of Linda’s Abundance Diary. Also known as the ‘Abundance Angel’, Cape Town-based Smith-Harvey is passionate about empowering people in the management of their money. She will also be launching the 2013 Abundance Diary at the Fair (www.lindiary.com).
WIN: For a chance to win the 2013 Abundance Diary, join the mailing list at www.holisticlifestylefair.yolasite.com and/or like their Facebook Page: LifeStyleEcoFair, and/or give your contact details at the entrance to the Fair on Sunday.
• 1.30pm to 3.15pm: Free film – the award-winning anti-fracking movie ‘Gasland’ (107 minutes
Visitors can look forward to relaxing within the tranquil indoor/outdoor setting of the venue, meet friends for a wholesome meal or drink, browse through the many informative and creative stalls and bring your young family to enjoy the kids’ activity area.
After 15 years of operating as a monthly event, until the end of 2012 the Fair will continue to take place on the first Sunday of every month, where-after it will become an even larger, two-day quarterly festival, starting in February 2013.
It will then take place every three months instead of monthly.
In addition to the usual large selection of mind, body, spirit, artisan and ‘green’ exhibitors, the new-format quarterly Life.Style & Eco Fair will feature a wide range of conscious living films, speakers (including overseas personalities), workshops, performances and exhibitors. Join the Fair’s mailing list at www.holisticlifestylefair.yolasite.com for more info in the coming months.
* For more information about Sunday’s Fair, call 083 3329785.