Fans of comedy can look forward to a super roster of local comedians coming to GrandWest at the end of July. ‘Mass Hysteria’ is a special comedy showcase that will take over the Grand Arena on July 28 at 8pm.
Quintessential solo artist Casper de Vries will join forces with Cape Town favourites Nik Rabinowitz, Marc Lottering, Kurt Schoonraad and Ndumiso Lindi as well as Tumi Morake, Mark Banks and John Vlismas. The aim is to create the most outrageous and brilliant stand-up show ever seen in SA. Setting out to mock the current national leadership, the show is themed on Cabinet, with each comic having a portfolio:
- Nik Rabinowitz – Minister of Samp and Kosher Beans
- Marc Lottering – Minister of the Interior Design
- Kurt Schoonraad – Minister of Flats, Boxwine and Wind
- John Vlismas – Minister who swears to tell Truth
- Tumi Morake – Minister of International Affairs and Pan African Children
- Ndumiso Lindi – Roosta in Chief
- Mark Banks – Minister of Environment, Bungalows, Pest Control and Barcodes
- Casper De Vries – Minister Van Twitter
“Casper has never been part of a line-up show, and we are very excited that he has joined the other headliners for this run,” says Taffia Keight, a partner in the organizing company Whacked. “It’s not often that you get a line-up where every single artist has a big following, and we feel that this line-up is providing excellent quality at the price.”
* Book at Computicket.
Ticket prices range from R140 to R165