Being hopeless romantics, the Next 48hOURS team take Valentine’s Day very seriously. We thus took it upon ourselves to compile a list of some of the most romantic options for a date that will make your partner swoon all over again. Thank us now, or thank us later.
• Simonsig Wine Estate’s popular Cuvée restaurant’s Aphrodisiac Valentine’s Dinner costs R350 per person, includes a complimentary glass of Simonsig Brut Rosé Cap Classique and starts at 7pm on Tuesday February 14. Vegetarian options are available on request.
Bookings are essential. Call 021 888 4932 or send an email to email@example.com to reserve your special table.
Simonsig Wine Estate is located outside Stellenbosch, on the Kromme Rhee road between the R44 and R304.
• Spoil your loved one with a fine dining experience, set for two under the stars in the gardens or at The Square Restaurant at the Vineyard Hotel & Spa.
There are two four course meals to choose from, one with a seafood platter selection as main course, and a meat option with Beef Wellington as main course. Visitors receive a glass of Mooiplaas MCC Duel upon arrival.
Bookings are essential. Call the Vineyard Hotel & Spa on 021 657 4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
• Join Durbanville Hills Wines for a romantic vintage black and white movie under the stars in the olive grove on Tuesday February 14 at 7pm.
The cost is R600 per couple and includes a welcome drink, a half dozen oysters, picnic box, a bottle of Durbanville Hills Merlot Rosé, coffee, hot chocolate and a gift from Durbanville Hills Wines.
Bookings are essential. For more information or to book, call the Durbanville Hills Eatery on 021 558 1337 or send an email to email@example.com.
• Laborie Wine Farm, situated in the heart of Paarl, offers an ideal setting to celebrate this much loved festivity. The recently launched Harvest At Laborie restaurant, headed up by highly acclaimed chef Matthew Gordon, will offer a special menu, at R245 per person, has been conceptualised for February 14, which includes a modern day Prawn cocktail for starters, grilled free range Karoo rump for mains and a choice of warm, soft chocolate tart or raspberry Parfait for dessert.
Call 021 807 3095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
* Visit www.48hours.co.za for more detailed menu descriptions, as well as more Valentine’s options.